15 January 2009

first day of classes

originally written on jan 13, the second day of classes

So, yesterday was our first day back in classes. I was so worried because I lost my mind when I was making my schedule and gave myself 6 straight hours of classes on Mondays and Wednesdays.
FI 11-11:50
Painting Project 12-2
Space 2:15-5:15
At least painting is only for 5 weeks, not the whole semester. Well, that was my thinking at least.

It just sucks because I finally got my meds, so my appetite is gonna be totally screwed up. And, with no time anywhere to really sit and eat, I'm gonna have a hard time eating lunch - especially since I won't really want to.

Yesterday I made myself a sandwich and brought it with me to eat when I got the chance, and I ended up eating it between painting and space. Of course, since my art classes let out early (first day and all that), I ate the sandwich in my room. But for Wednesday I think I'll eat it while walking from FAB to Bowe and in the classroom before we start.

But anyway... About the classes!

Art History. Gee, we went over the syllabus! And, since there were a whole bunch of students who hadn't taken 103 for whatever reason (or maybe she would've done it anyway?) we did an extremely brief recap of the last section starting with the Greeks. It was basically, "The Greeks loved the human form, the Romans not so nude, they invented concrete and the dome but forgot the methods, Gothic! Italy! Okay, see you Wednesday!"

Unfortunately, I spent the entirety of FI sitting there and looking at my watch. I really didn't want to be late for painting, and it turns out I wasn't so it was okay.

I'm totally excited for painting! It's been a long time since I've done it, and I never really had a chance to use my oils last semester. And now I don't have to buy a ton of stuff for that class, since I already have pretty much everything - except a canvas... and my palette kinda fails, so I may see if I can find a new one. Seriously, a scrap of canvas isn't very sturdy or anything... Why do I even use that as a palette?

I was actually really excited when I found out my space teacher was Eli. Cesley and Laura had been talking about him and how awesome he was, so yeah, I was excited. We ended up doing a bit of work on that first day: we made little test things of this paper mache composite stuff that we'll be using for our first assignment. Oh, and George is in my class. Again. I get to spend that 6 straight hour period with him. It's just weird. Oh, and Corey is in space too.

So, that was my first day of classes. I can't say much for my second day since I haven't done much yet and my first and only class today is at 6 tonight.

I need to go hit up Lowes...

my paints

No comments: