17 May 2009

eye troubles...

so, for some reason i decided to wear my contacts yesterday. i figured since i hadn't in, like, a month, my eye would be fine. and it seemed to be. until this morning.

i woke up and my eye was red and angry. i tried basically all day to successfully put drops in, and finally did around 5 or so. i spent most of work fending off burning pain and tears in front of customers, with only slight success. luckily only coworkers asked about it. and emily, who was on a random shopping trip with her dad. it was awesome! best 5 minutes of my day, probably.

my eye is still red now. and painful.

i'm going to call the eye doc tomorrow morning to get an appointment for tuesday or friday. because this is really not fun.

in the meantime, i've decided to swear off contacts for a while. at least until i know my eye is all better and won't cause problems for me. but possibly for several years. because if the doctor can't help and fix it, wearing contacts has become way more trouble than they're worth. i wore them for a little over 10 hours yesterday. and i've had 15 hours of pain and suffering. possibly more if it continues to bother me tomorrow. i can't deal with bright lights of any sort - i wore my sunglasses over my glasses when i drove to work, and it was pretty cloudy out. i had to do the drops in the dark bathroom because i knew the stupid yellow one would not help at all. i'm even squinting at my laptop screen, and i just turned the contrast down some.

hopefully i'll be able to see granick tuesday, or at least friday. i would love to have this taken care of this week.

that reminds me, i also need to remind mom we need to hit up bjs or someplace for my new glasses. not only is my left eye shit, but i need a stronger prescription, which means new glasses.

well, i'm going to bed now. it's too bright everywhere to stay awake for much longer...

No comments: