06 January 2010

the bits around my fingernails are weird...

no idea about the title. but the little bits of skin right next to where my fingernails come out of the skin are really itchy on both my middle fingers. and i need to pick at them. it happens sometimes...

so, yesterday was hell. i really don't like tuesdays at work.

regular tuesdays are truck days, so i get to unpack 10-20 randomly packed boxes of shit. normally it's not that bad. my first tuesday had the largest order they've had in a long while: 21 boxes. nothing so bad since. i had 14 yesterday.

tuesdays are also leadership meeting days, so ellie has to leave for that at 11. and i get to run the department - which i know next to nothing about - by myself for 1-2 hours. it's usually not too bad. customers tend to be nicer and forgiving of my lack of knowledge when i say i'm just helping out and the other person is in a meeting.

now, why yesterday was a really sucky tuesday. in addition to those 14 boxes there were also a couple other shipments that had come in the day before, one of which was a rather large and tedious vitamir [our house brand of supplements] order. it didn't help that i had slept kinda bad the night before. [though not as bad as jan 1-2, where i'm not sure if i actually slept because i spent the night twitching and convincing myself i was high even though i knew i wasn't but my body felt the same and it really sucked]

today was kinda sucky too. i wasn't originally scheduled to work today, but on saturday instead.

i ended up putting 2 carts worth of endcap stuff into backstock. mom helped me, we spent a couple hours rearranging and adventuring into the storage over the bathroom.

No comments: