17 December 2009

bass groove

damn, i'm suddenly craving a bass. i wish i could just have the ability to play it implanted in my head so i won't have to go through the no doubt painful process of teaching myself. i'm hoping to get myself a pretty decent used bass by the end of break, and i'm already making it my new years resolution to learn 3 songs next year.

god, i hope i don't flake out on this... it really would be sweet to play an instrument again. then i can join jam sessions with the roomies and such. though i have to relearn how to read music, and learn for the first time the bass clef. it'll be hard, but hopefully awesome.

sean, heather's bro, let me mess around on his bass sunday. my pinky is really weak and doesn't really bend right or move independently from my ring finger, which kinda sucks. i have a bit of trouble stretching to reach all 4 of the first frets, though i think i've got the plucking part down. it's the fretting that's gonna get me, i know.

yesterday at mark's we played beatles rockband and for a set i got to play bass. i tried to play it like sean showed me, but it's hard to do on a plastic shape that's wayyyyy too short. i ended up 'plucking' the same though.

i need to pay more attention to the bass lines of songs.

i found this really helpful site, which i plan to read more indepth once i get my hands on a bass.

in other news, IT'S SUPPOSED TO SNOW THIS WEEKEND!!!

somewhat related:


uk + kilt + guitar = awesome

[unrelated: gosh, i want some ghillie brogues...]

No comments: