22 March 2010

sound of a thousand whispering words



[again with the song lyrics...]

today was a really good first day back. it was all around a complete success, though maybe not with regards to food...

i learned how to center and make a little cup-bowl on the wheel today. i made 6 in about an hour and a half and got to leave early. i also got incredibly messy. like, the knees of my pants were rather clay-y, as was my shirt. but it was fun and i was happy that i figured out how to do it so fast. i need to remember to bring a container for water wednesday though... but yeah, incredibly fun and satisfying.

not so fun inbetween period, though i ate some tasty soup. attempted to do my quilt patterns, but realized i didn't give myself nearly enough time so yeah. the walk to class was really fun though. literally, as soon as i stepped out of the door it started pouring like crazy, so i had to grab my umbrella before locking the door. between gilmer and goshen i discovered my shoes were soaked through completely. along goshen i took note of my state of wet from the waist down. and by the time i got to the classroom it had stopped raining. i took my shoes off and spent class barefoot, which was pretty fun. the floor of the dye room is strangely gritty though. and the hall to jewelry and fibers has a very warm floor.

i got all my silk painting on the 2 restisted parts done. they look pretty good, even though my shaky hands made my aim sorta wonky... my left palm is mostly covered in dye, green for the most part, as a result of icky bottle caps. oh well. more mess! the first quadrant is purple-y mainly, and the second one is greens. i'm not really sure how to go about the third one color wise... i'll figure it out wednesday.

after class i hit up rite aid and then went to anna's to get a haircut. we went for the angled bob, which looks pretty cool. i don't have any pictures yet, but anna took a couple. and i flipped her off brit-style in one because i was feeling weird. idk...

i hung out with anna, tay, and hassim for a few hours after that. we ate at 5 guys - or, they did, i brought my smoothie over. we went to coldstone and tay got emily to sing. we went to the top of the bookstore parking deck and just loitered for a while. it was really cold though, and windy, so we left. we cut through the fab and visited jenny in her studio. and then we went back to biggs. hassim is getting into film photography, so i talked to him a bit about it. it was nice to be able to still help someone with my vast knowledge of photography.

all in all, a good night. my shirt is really itchy though, even though i had a towel on my shoulders.

i'm not looking forward to tomorrow at all... i really need to write this english paper, but i really can't see that happening... i got a preemptive 4-pack of red bull. hopefully it won't come down to that though.


america with his most common partners. i really like this artist's style.

No comments: