08 May 2010

the 70s were funkadelic

Went to Kim's 70s party last night. It was pretty awesome. Emily had fun with my hair, I wore my gogo boots and my tube top and drank Mike's Hard.

Anna and Kim decorated Patrick's place with tons of Christmas lights, and real effort was put into the playlist this time, instead of the fail that was the 80s playlist. It was a really nice night, so it was no surprise the party moved to the roof soon after we got there, which was close to 11. I had a hot pocket for dinner when I got there.

And around 12-ish, when I had to go to the bathroom after my 2 Mike's, I realized it's really hard to walk in those boots while not sober. Especially on a slightly slanted roof. So I had to take them off before I stumbled my way right off the roof. Hasib got a bunch of Wendy's for whoever wanted some, and he introduced himself to me for, like, the fourth time.

Around 12:30 the police came. Apparently, Patrick's bitchy downstairs neighbors had called with a noise complaint, and then there was a robbery down the street. They played it off all nice and smooth, cooperating and such. I was kinda terrified. We had to basically stop the party after that, and about half the people left, but we hung around for a few more hours.

Cesley moved to the kitchen and didn't move for probably 2 hours, just drinking PBR. I took a nap on Tom's bed. At some point Patrick took out his bowl, and there was weird unplugged guitar jam session. Liz finally decided we should leave when Cesley got kinda delirious. Kim had to help her down the stairs and to the van. And I think I ended up being the most sober person in our group again, even if I had a bout of the spins and had to sit down for a while. After all, this was my first party since my birthday.

I'm kinda impressed with myself. I continue to manage to drink for a while, suddenly realize I'm getting tipsy and dizzy, and then I stop. And since we usually just hang out at these functions for hours, I get to spent 2-3 hours working off my buzz by nearly falling asleep. I hardly drank at all too. Ces was drinking for probably the whole time. She had a four loco and several PBRs. Crazy. I had a comb in my pocket that I would randomly pull out and use on other people (since my hair had hairspray and curls in it), and after a while of doing that to her she would just ask me to comb her hair. Weird...

Anyway, I should really get dressed and go to the studio to finish my textiles final. Which again will have no crit. Not cool...


ces = england. except not naked.
(though a couple guys did randomly strip to their underwear...)

No comments: