12 May 2010

HOUSING!!!

On Monday, Nicole and I went to look at a place on Grace (which turned out to be on Hell Block, but oh well). It's on the first floor of a large building, at the front with a little patio. The main room is really big, like as big as our kitchen and living room combined. The kitchen is really tiny though, but it has a gas stove. I'll deal, whatever. The front bedroom is pretty big, almost as big as my room now. The back bedroom is about as big as my dorm room. They're connected by a jack-and-jill bathroom. Water/trash/sewer and internet is included in the rent, so we would pay for the electricity and gas, and cable should we get a TV.

WE WENT FOR IT!!

It's really open and bright, there's a couple ceiling fans. Apparently the maintenance people are rather on top of things, which will be a nice change from Clachan. It's also more than where I am now, by about $80, but I'm hoping we'll be there for the next 2 years, and I can always help cover the rent if need be. I dropped off my half of the security deposit today, so it's just about as good as ours. It was funny; when we went on Monday, one of the guys there now got all excited when we said we wanted it, and he walked us over to the property manager's place to get started on everything.

Our current problem is the lack of furniture the place will have... I really only have a couple random chairs, plus my personal furniture. Nicole, apparently, has nothing. But our kitchen will be thoroughly stocked. I have that covered. As long as Nicole provides a toaster.

In other news: LOST!

OH GOD THERE'S ONLY ONE MORE EPISODE THEN THE EPIC FINALE EVENT AND I'M GOING TO CRY AND BE INCONSOLABLE FOR MONTHS AHHHH!!!

*ahem* Yesterday, we learned where Jacob and the Man in Black came from, and basically what the purpose of the island is. Also who 'Adam and Eve' from the caves were, and where the Black Smoke came from. IT WAS SO SAD!

It's also sad that Supernatural is ending tomorrow night. Not for good, because that would be way too much for me to handle, but for the season.

And since I apparently can't upload gifs, here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head.

No comments: